Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thankful Thursday-February 23, 2017

The last several weeks have been hard but I still have things to be thankful for in my life.  I started a new training group for 5k.  This is a No Boundaries training group in which I meet twice a week to train for a 5k.  Yes, I know that I can do this distance but I'm not strong physically so I decided to start over with my running.  I have made some wonderful new friends in this group and look forward to training with them. 


I have also decided that I need to get into a different routine.  My core strength is gone, my running times are slower and I have gained almost 30 pounds in the last two years.  So, I'm going to start with a trainer on Monday to design my own workout program and also Weight Watchers.  I need to feel better physically and mentally.  These last two years, I have struggled with my health and still struggling with my thyroid disease however I realize that I need to take care of myself. 
So new steps-baby steps but it is all wonderful!  As always, I am so grateful and thankful for this life that I lead. What are you thankful for this week? Let me know as I would love to hear!   Till next time and remember, my journey continues...If you can dream it, you can do it as Walt Disney said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a response to your comment, please provide an email address and I would be happy to respond. Thank you.

#RIOTS Week Six and Seven

It's weeks six and seven for the #RIOTS.  I got a week behind as I had a lot of personal things going on these last two weeks. I ha...