Friday, September 13, 2013

First Year Runiversary!

Today is my one year runiversary!  I can't believe that Gracious Warrior Princess has been up and "running" for a year now!  I started off slow but now have a very active Facebook, Twitter and Blog.

WOW; what wonderful things have happened in a year.  When I started running fifteen months ago, I never thought I would accomplish what I've been able to accomplish in this timeframe.  I've done so much and this is just a little of my accomplishments.  First, I ran my first 5K two weeks into running.  The Divas are such a big part of my life and I miss these ladies dearly.  I don't get to see them much these days however they will always be dear friends.

Divas
After the Divas, I completed four 5K until the end of Summer 2012 with the help and training of my local running group, Howard County Striders.  Then in the Fall of 2012, I became a member (and still am) of CCFA Team Challenge.  Talk about challenging!  I trained for my first half marathon in Las Vegas and raised over $6000!  I never thought I had such strength in fund raising and it was stressful and fulfilling at the same time.  I loved all my team members and Vegas was a wild trip especially with my roomie and wonderful, beautiful and lovely friend, Kim. 
I completed the Princess Half Marathon in February 2013 and the Nike Women's Half Marathon in April 2013.  
Nike Women's Half Marathon DC
I completed the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K this summer along with the Biggest Loser 5K, the Redskins NFL 5K and Color Me Rad 5K.  
Baltimore Women's Classic 5K

Biggest Loser 5/10K in Washington, DC


NFL Run Series Redskins 5K

I've also had the opportunity to meet several famous people such as Run Disney (Matt), Meb and Ali Vincent.  
Run Disney 

Meb

Ali Vincent in Washington, DC


I've been chosen to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador, a Shape Diva Dash Ambassador and now I'm a race Ambassador for the 10K Across the Bay 2014 http://www.bridgerace.com/.  

I have completed a 40 running streak this summer and I never imagined that I would run for 40 days in a row without taking a break/rest day!  This is one of my most amazing accomplishments for me.  

In this last year, I have been able to meet and make many new friends and bloggers.  I am so grateful for their insights and support and am extremely blessed to have them be a part of my life along this fantastic journey!  I'm looking forward to year two for Gracious Warrior Princess and the journey begins now!  You never know what you can accomplish so do it and be successful!  

If you can dream it, you can do it!  

6 comments:

  1. WHat a fabulous year you've had! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Congratulations to you for all your accomplishments! Here's to many more! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Details here -->>http://lifesbetterinyogapants.blogspot.com/2013/09/another-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a response to your comment, please provide an email address and I would be happy to respond. Thank you.

#RIOTS Week Six and Seven

It's weeks six and seven for the #RIOTS.  I got a week behind as I had a lot of personal things going on these last two weeks. I ha...