After much consideration of words to define my goals for 2016, I finally settled upon two words-Achieve and Believe. I have always believed in myself and overcoming the challenges that life has thrown my way. While I am like everyone else and struggle with my good and bad days of life, I like to believe that I can overcome most of what is thrown my way. Achieve allows me to set a goal and strive to accomplish that goal. So these two words make up so much of who I am as a person and a runner and I couldn't think of better words for 2016 as I strive to set new accomplishments in my life.
Some of my goals are personal while others are running related. I decided with my achievement board to use colors-Pink is my favorite color and decided to use green to spruce it up! As I accomplish each goal, I will color in the hearts with a pink pencil.
Here are my goals for 2016 and I hope to achieve them.
1. Obtain Full Time Librarian Position.
2. Start Master of Library Science Degree.
3. Lose 10-15 pounds.
4. Run in three new states. (I already have a race in Delaware in January so I'm starting early on this goal.)
5. Read 80 books. Last year, I read 75 so I'm trying to achieve more reading time.
6. Run 1000 miles.
7. Achieve 1200 Facebook Followers. I currently have 1052 Facebook Followers.
8. Achieve 200 Twitter Followers. I currently have 168 Twitter Followers.
9. Achieve 200 Instagram Followers. I currently have 174 Instagram Followers.
10. Achieve 150 Pinterest Followers. I currently have 105 Pinterest Followers.
11. Pop Sugar Reading Challenge for 2016. I did this challenge in 2015 and it really helped me to broaden my reading genres.
12. Join new reading challenge, Mount TBR Reading Challenge and achieve Mt. Vancouver status, 36 books already owned.
13. Achieve one new running ambassadorship.
14. Run twenty races, any distance.
15. Moon up to Jupiter in Half Fanatics.
16. Weekly Devotions Run For God. I got this book while I was recovering and decided to start in the new year.
17. Gratitude Journal-write five things daily that I am grateful for that day. I started this two years ago and it helped me to realize all the goodness in my life.
18. Blog at least once a week. I've been really awful about my blogging and believe that I can do more with blogging and keeping great information here.
19. Cross Train three times a week. I've been bad about this in the previous years and want my running times to be better.
20. Keep a Fitness Journal. I bought a fitness journal and hope to use it daily to help keep me on track with my running and health.
These are my goals for 2016. What are you goals and what do you hope to achieve in the new year? I believe in myself and YOU!
Till next time and remember, my journey continues...If you can dream it, you can do it as Walt Disney said!