Thursday, January 14, 2016

Balega Impi Ambassador

Yesterday, I received the news that for 2016 I am a Balega Impi Ambassador.  Now, what is a Balega Impi Ambassador.  First, Balega is a well-known sock company for runners. Balega is a Zulu word meaning "to run with speed".   Their core pillars are performance, excellence, harmony, creativity and community. This is why I love this company-they embrace these pillars in many ways.  You can check it out on their website and read more about them.  You can also check them out on YouTube,  Balega.

All Balega socks are manufactured in Cape Town, South Africa using the best performance yarns manufactured in the United States.  Their distribution center is located in Hickory, NC.  All of their socks have a hand linked toe closure which helps eliminate abrasions and blisters.  Every pair is hand inspected and the company states that their greatest asset is the people who work for them.

I love this saying on their website:

"My heart is at home in Africa
Where the sound of drums beat in my chest
And the songs of time ring in my ears
Where the rainbow mist glows in my eyes
And the smiles of friends make me welcome"
"I know a Place in Africa" - Wayne Visser (Reprinted with permission)



Second, the word "Impi" is a Zulu work roughly translated to mean "Warrior".  As you know, my middle name is Louise which means warrior.  How perfect of a fit is this!  I'm so blessed to know another word for warrior and to have this be part of my running!

I love my Balega socks and have several pairs.  I'm looking forward to getting more in 2016 and I love the new ones that are being made and will be available later in the year!



Do you own Balega socks?  Do you love them as much as I love them for running and other activities?  Let me know; leave me a comment!  I look forward to sharing news about Balega and their initiatives and products throughout 2016!

 Till next time and remember, my journey continues...If you can dream it, you can do it as Walt Disney said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a response to your comment, please provide an email address and I would be happy to respond. Thank you.

#RIOTS Week Six and Seven

It's weeks six and seven for the #RIOTS.  I got a week behind as I had a lot of personal things going on these last two weeks. I ha...