Friday, July 5, 2013

Blueberry Smoothie Cups

Today, I decided to try a recipe which I saw in Runners World.  It is for Blueberry Smoothie Cups and very easy to do.  Keep these smoothie cups in your freezer and just add a liquid of your choice.  I added vanilla almond milk to mine.

In a blender, combine 2 cups milk, 2 cups blueberries, 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup rolled oats (I used steel oats), 1/4 cup almond butter, 2 talespoons molasses, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.  I also added 1/4 cup of chia seeds to mine.


Blend until smooth.  Pour into a 12-cup muffin pan and freeze.  I actually had more than 12 cups so I decided to use a mini muffin pan as well. 
After a day, I removed the cups from the pan and placed in a bag.  To make a smoothie, blend 2 chopped smoothie cups with 1 cup milk.  Again, I used vanilla almond milk and added some ice to the blender.

I am actually enjoying one for breakfast this morning with some fresh strawberries and a banana.  This would be great for breakfast or a post-run treat!  Enjoy and let me know if you make this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a response to your comment, please provide an email address and I would be happy to respond. Thank you.

#RIOTS Week Six and Seven

It's weeks six and seven for the #RIOTS.  I got a week behind as I had a lot of personal things going on these last two weeks. I ha...